Understanding Iron Nanoparticles In Detail
Iron Nanoparticles are a great source that holds high qualities and value of chemical, physical and thermal properties studied every now and then in the laboratory for various applications and details. Their applications and uses have a major presence across the world. The major objective of the storage and transportation of iron nanoparticles among living beings is led by the protein ferritin. This carriage is made possible with the help of iron nanoparticles present inside the protein’s internal cavity.
Even after being popular for their functionality and dedication towards the development of various applications associated with them, these nanoparticles are not understood well. The fundamental level of their usage is often misunderstood. For this, it is necessary to understand the structure and reactivity models along with their applications and properties.
Properties of Iron Nanoparticles
The chemical properties of the nanoparticles are listed below.
|Electronic configuration||[Ar] 3d6 4s2|
Major physical properties of the nanoparticles are listed below.
|Density||7.86 g/cm3||0.2839 lb/in3|
|Molar Mess||55.85 g/mol||–|
Below are the thermal properties of iron nanoparticles:
Now, let us understand the manufacturing process:
Iron nanoparticles can be manufactured through various methods. Some of them are as listed below:
- Through wet chemical processes, such as sol-gel methods and colloid chemicals.
- With the help of dry processes, such as the method of vapor deposition.
- The method of synthesizing the nanoparticles by reducing Fe(II) or Fe(III) salt along with sodium borohydride in a watery solution is also an effective way.
What are the applications of iron nanoparticles?
While there are various applications of iron nanoparticles, we have accumulated a few of the major applications that are extremely helpful for the benefit of natural, chemical, and medical processes. Let us go through a few of them:
- Iron nanoparticles are used to treat industrial sites that are contaminated with chlorinated organic compounds.
- It also helps to treat the various types of ground contamination. Some of them are contamination through organochlorine pesticides, polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs), and chlorinated organic solvents.
- Widely used in the medical sector and laboratories for research and development.
- Also used in catalyst and alloy applications.
- Mixed with textiles, nanofibers, coatings, nanowires, and plastic.
- Applicable to magnetic data storage and resonance imaging, also known as MRI.
- Serves as the primary colorant in ceramics and glass, and used as a catalyst.
- Fit to be used in memory tape.
Apart from the above-mentioned uses and applications, iron nanoparticles are also used as drug carriers for drug delivery at specific targets, effective gene carrier for gene therapy, and helps in cancer treatment as a therapeutic agent for hyperthermia. The particles also contribute towards serving as neoadjuvant and magnetic sensing probes for in-vitro diagnostics (IVD) and enable production for antibody medicines and vaccines.
As per a study by MDPI, iron nanoparticles have the ability to exclusively bind proteins, which makes them one of a kind.
If you are looking for a reputed manufacturer and supplier of nanoparticles, CNTs (carbon nanotubes), nanopowders, and micron powders to lead your research, Skyspring Nanomaterial, Inc. is where your search ends. The company produces high-quality nanoparticles, nanofibers, and nanopowders while offering reliable services, high-quality technical assistance, and volume pricing for your research. The advanced and engineered materials produced by them enable the company to serve customers well.Serves as the primary colorant in ceramics and glass, and used as a catalyst
If you are looking for a small or large quantity of certified materials for your research or industrial use, visit us now.