The Best Supplements To Reduce Stress and Anxiety
Stress and anxiety might be the root cause of many different death-causing diseases. Continuous and prolonged stress causes depression and ultimately affects mental health.
In this blog, we are going to discuss different supplements that might help us with the reduction in stress and anxiety levels.
Some of the sudden problems like job loss and health scare might initiate stress in us and this can be dangerous. Stress might leads to many different problems such as –
- Sleep disorders
- Sadness, mood disturbances, and irritation
- Blood pressure
1) Green tea– There is an amino acid named L-theanine found in green tea. It is believed that this amino acid helps in relaxing our brain. Researchers also found that green tea helps in reducing stress, anxiety by improving memory power and verbal ability. L-theanine also fights against depression and sleep disorders. Sipping tea helps in calming down and reducing tension.
Some tea is other than green tea that might help in reducing stress-
2) Magnesium – This mineral magnesium helps in regulating many vital processes in our body. It is also required for the better functionality of muscles and nerves to synthesize protein. It is easily found in green leafy vegetables and, nuts, seeds, legumes, etc. Some of the studies found that supplements of magnesium might help in reducing stress and anxiety to some extent.
Some foods that contain high magnesium –
3) Lemon balm – Lemon balm is a natural herb found originally found in Europe, but now it is cultivated almost everywhere in the world. Formerly it was used as a calming agent but now researchers found its effects that help in reducing anxiety levels. Lemon balm can also help in calming our minds which leads to better sleep and an increase in concentration power. It is good for a healthy and happy mood in adults as well as in children.
4) Kava– Kava is a member of the pepper family and native plant to the south pacific. Researchers also found that this plant has positive effects against anxiety and depression. Traditionally it was used as a ceremonial beverage, but now it could found as powder, liquid, or capsule.
5) Ashwagandha– This is an integral part of Ayurveda. Ashwagandha is also known as winter cherry and has flooded with properties that help us in fighting against stress and anxiety. It has anti-depressant and anti-anxiety effects as it reduces the level of cortisol. Cortisol is considered to be the main hormone that causes stress. Ashwagandha is an ancient herd with multiple health benefits. It is also good for boosting fertility and increase testosterone in men.
6) B complex vitamins – B complex vitamins can help in reducing stress and anxiety. Vitamin B is a group of 8 different nutrients that contribute together to help in managing stress levels. This is also good for cell metabolism, the nervous system, the conversion of food into energy, red blood cell formation.
Food sources for Vitamin B –
7) Omega-3 fatty acids– Fish and flaxseed are rich in fatty acids. These fatty acids play an important role in ensuring our brain health. Various studies show people having omega-3 fatty acids in their diet are less vulnerable to anxiety and depression.
Food is rich in omega-3 fatty acids-
Fish such as salmon
Chia seeds and walnuts
Oil like soybean oil, flaxseed oil, canola oil
8) Smelling Lavender– Smelling lavender can be relaxing for some people. Some researchers found that inhaling lavender even leads to better sleep as it reduces the stress level of our brain.
9) Multivitamins and minerals– Minerals such as calcium and zinc might good for decreasing levels of stress and anxiety. One should always recommend a doctor’s advice before taking something. Overdose of anything could be dangerous.
Conclusion – Stress, and anxiety could be a problem for anyone. It needs to be clearly addressed. Eating healthy food, doing exercises on daily basis, talking to friends and relatives frequently can help us ensuring our mental health to be good and stress-free.
These supplements could be better for people having anxiety and stress.