SBCglobal email is an email service once offered by Bell Southern communications to its users. Southern Bellsouth used to provide the SBCglobal mail account to the users who had once subscribed to its services. Now AT&T has fully acquired the Bellsouth company. So, currently, AT&T manages all the SBCGlobal Email Login accounts. Any user can access their SBC account through AT&T’s sign-in portal.
However, some users also try to access their accounts through Yahoo mail. But Yahoo no longer operates the email accounts from AT&T because AT&T and Yahoo ended their long-term partnership in 2017. However, some user domains are still used through the AT&T sign-in, where on the other hand, some were closed completely. With evolving technologies, AT&T has decided to change the traditional sign-in methods. So, now AT&T provides its own webmail service. All users can use this webmail service for mailing purposes. Whether personal or professional, all AT&T’s users are free to use the Webmail service.
To login to the webmail, just need a web browser and then go to https://websitesmail.att.com/#/login to log in to your account. Then, you just have to enter your SBC email address and password for signing in to your account.
However, you can also use a trusted email client to access your account. For instance, Outlook is one of the most trusted and widely used email services. So, if you want to avoid the browser to log in to your account, using an email client is a good option. Also, you can save your account password on the email client, so you don’t have to pass authentication every time you log in.
Setting up the SBCGlobal Email Login account on Outlook-
You can follow these key steps to set up your account on the email client, Outlook.
- First and Foremost, open the Outlook application on your device.
- Next, select the Add account option to add your account.
- Now choose the Manual Setup option.
- Then, enter your name, SBC email address, and password to set up the account.
- After that, select the POP3 option as your account service type.
- Select the incoming server field and enter inbound.att.net in the input box.
- Now select the outgoing server for your account and type outbond.att.net in the input field.
- Again enter your email account and password.
- Following this, go to the More Settings and then verify your server as the SMTP server in the Outgoing Server field.
- Next, enter 995 and 465 in the incoming and outgoing server ports, respectively.
- Finally, click on the OK button to finish the setup.
However, sometimes users face issues with setting up their email accounts on Outlook or devices. So, if this happens to you, don’t worry. You can easily resolve or eliminate the issues by following a few simple steps.
Common issues with SBCGlobal email account on Outlook-
The following are the issues most frequently faced by the users, along with their solutions.
Can’t access the Sbcglobal account– If you can’t access your email account on Outlook, the most probable cause is the incorrect server configurations. Also, sometimes a bad network connection can cause this issue.
- Connect your device to a good and static internet connection to avoid the issue.
- Try logging out and again signing in to Outlook.
- You can reconfigure your account on Outlook. So, make sure to use correct incoming and outgoing server settings to avoid the issue.
Authentication Error– This type of issue can occur when you might have entered incorrect login details. A bad internet connection or hacked account can also result in this error.
- First and foremost, wait for some time and then try to log in to your account again.
- Also, you can try to change the account password to fix the error.
- Connecting your device to another internet connection can also fix the issue.
Failed to send or receive emails – This can happen because of the large files attached to the email, invalid recipient’s address, or blocked email address. Incorrect server settings can also bring these types of issues.
- Don’t attach large files to the email. Make sure not to exceed the imposed file size limit to attach in an email.
- Check the recipient address in the blocked account list. If you find the recipient’s address in the blocked account list, delete the address from the list. And then compose another email to send.
- In case the above solutions don’t work for you. Then, you can try to reconfigure your email account on Outlook to fix the issue.
Unable to recover the password– A lousy internet connection or incorrect credentials can cause this issue. Server-side delay can also result in this issue.
- To avoid this issue, first, try to connect your device to a good internet connection.
- Close the Outlook application and then wait for some time. Now try to recover your password again.
- Lastly, if the above solutions won’t work, reconfigure your account on Outlook.
Slow sending and receiving emails– This issue can happen if the email account’s storage is full. Sometimes a lot of spam mail can also bring this issue.
- Free the email storage by deleting all the unimportant emails from your account inbox.
- Block the address from which you received most of the spam emails.
Unable to sync the SBC Global email account-
You can encounter this issue due to a broken internet connection, incorrect server configurations, credentials, or bad internet connections.
- Try to switch to another network connection.
- Check your account credentials and try to sync your account again.
- Reconfigure your account and then try to sync again.
If the above-given solutions do not work and the error is persisting, get in touch with AT&T customer support. AT&T provides 24×7 customer support for its users. You can reach out to them at their official customer support page Sbcglobal Email Login. Afterward, you can contact them by chat or call. So, lastly, we hope this information is going to be helpful for you.