How To Connect Wi-Fi To HP Printer?
It is very easy to setup your HP printer with Wi-Fi connection. With the help of instruction given in this article you can simply connect your HP printer with Wi-Fi. You will get all the instructions and preparations that you need to make before starting the process for setting up your HP printer wireless setup with your computer with the help of a wireless network.
If you want to wirelessly connect your printer with your computer you will need to have a WPS button on your router and this button will also be present on your wireless printer if your wireless printer is compatible with WPS method. WPS stands for Wi-Fi protected setup. Before you start the process of setting up your HP printer with your computer you will need to have ideal drivers for your printer present on your computer. You will need to download and install them and the time it will take for installation and downloading process will depend on the speed of your internet and the network you are working with. Generally it is suggested that most computers provide the best speed when all the applications running in background are closed. This increases the speed of your computer to maximum.
- You will need to initiate the process by logging in as the administrator on your computer and laptop. If you want to setup on your mobile, then you will need to search in the Wi-Fi section of your settings.
- Internet connection will be required for this stage for the installation of drivers.
- Also, if you have setup any kind of Firewall on your computer then you will get a warning message. In the message, it will be informed with suitable information about the accessing of your network by the HP printer. You will need to allow access and set this to always so that you do not have to re-enter it again and again.
Following are the instructions that you need to follow to set up your HP printer using wireless connections –
- Firstly check that your wireless router is ready for connection.
- After this, you will need to press the WPS button on the router for at least 5 seconds.
- Now, you will need to hold down the maintenance button for 5 seconds. The flashing of the LED bulb present on the router will start.
- This blinking of LED light means that the Wi-Fi is searching for the wireless router and it can connect to.
- These steps need to be performed quickly. However, if there is a case of Timeout then you will need to tap on the color button for 5 seconds and restart the same process again.
How to install software for your HP computers –
- Turn on your printer and your Wi-Fi router.
- Download the ideal drivers for your printer from the official website of HP.
- Open these files. You will need to grant permission to continue at this stage.
- Mention your residence place and click on the Next button.
- Choose yes on the agreement and license page that will appear as a pop-up.
- Wait for some time for the installation process to be completed.
- Now select the HP printer with the wireless LAN connection and press on next.
- Now locate your printer on the Network and tick your HP printer on the network.
- Wait for the driver, it will be installed in the background. After it is finished you will need to click on the finish option.
- Now you can use your printer smoothly and it is successfully established a connection with your Wi-Fi router. In case it is not connected then you will need to troubleshoot and repeat all the steps.
If this method does not work then you will need to use the WPS button method to connect your HP printer with your Wi-Fi router. The Wi-Fi-protected setup offers a two connection approach is one of which is the WPS push button method. For this method to work you will need to make sure that there is a push-button mode on your Wi-Fi router as well as your HP printer.
For this, you will need to press the WPS button on your printer and wait for 2 minutes and press the WPS button on your router this will directly establish the connection between your HP printer and your Wi-Fi router. If you have any issues regarding the connections even after following all the instructions then you will need to call in for help from the 24/7 HP support services.
Also Check :