Everything You Need To Know About Digital Marketing
Living in the digital age, it is surprising to find out that many people still think digital skills are pertinent for technical jobs only. The truth is quite opposite – digital skills make up job skills in the modern corporate sector. This fact is backed up by the increase of career streams in the digital domain especially digital marketing.
Digital marketing is one of the highest paying industries nowadays and an average annual salary for entry-level positions is 40,000 USD while mid-level roles can earn up to 72,000 USD. One reason for the steady upward growth of digital marketing is that it has overtaken the entirety of marketing and so enhancing your skillset with digital tactics makes you much more of an asset to any business.
Now, before making up your mind about digital marketing, you ought to know what it is all about and so this article is a goldmine for you. Read along and figure out if you would like to step into the ocean of opportunities.
What is Digital Marketing?
In simple terms, digital marketing encircles all the marketing strategies and efforts done online. Reaching people online to promote your business, services, and products is the sanest and most cost-effective way to communicate in this digitized era.
While anything can be taken as a digital marketing asset, some of the common digital marketing assets are:
- Your brand’s website
- Your brand’s assets like icons, logos, and acronyms, etc.
- Your brand’s social media pages
- Video Content like product demos and video ads, etc.
- Imagery Content like product shots, infographics, and company pictures, etc.
- Written Content like eBooks, blog posts, testimonials, and product descriptions, etc.
- Online tools and products like interactive content, calculators, and SaaS, etc.
- Reviews and feedback from your clients
What is the reason behind the importance of digital marketing?
The thing about digital marketing is that no matter what field of business you are in, you will find your consumers to be on the web at all times through their electronic devices like tablets and smartphones. Almost 95 percent of people use these devices before sleeping. Furthermore, it is reported that an average American consumer views ten thousand brand messages in one day. It is also found that about 92 percent of consumers check out a company’s website before selecting any product or service. Another study reveals that 84 percent of U.S. citizens are shopping at any given instance and that 97 percent of people are using online mediums to search for products and services. More than 88 percent of consumers are sure of the product reviews and feedback that they find online.
All of these statistics point us in the direction to market our products and service online and in a way that can attract consumers. For this matter, digital marketing is the best technique. Besides being the surest way to nudge consumers in your direction, it is also budget-friendly and you can invest however much your pocket allows. All you need to learn and exercise digital marketing is a good internet connection and if you have doubts about your current provider, I would recommend you to explore Spectrum packages for affordable yet superfast internet plans.
Digital Marketing Strategies
Some of the best digital marketing strategies are discussed in this section:
- Pay-per-Click Advertising – simply called PPC Advertising, it is a type of digital marketing in which you pay for all the users who click on your ad.
- Search Engine Optimization – This allows you to rank your website in the search results of search engine browsers like Google. SEO requires you to put a lot of time and effort to reap results.
- Paid Social Media Advertising – social media platforms like Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Snapchat, and Pinterest allow ads to be run. This opens an opportunity for you to pay for your campaign in order to create brand awareness.
- Social Media Marketing – a free strategy like SEO. It is an organic method to use social media platforms like Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Snapchat, and Pinterest to promote your business. Although it markets your business organically on social media, it takes a lot of effort and time. However, once established, the results are better and can be achieved at cheaper rates.
- Conversion Rate Optimization – better known as CRO, is the art of improving the online user experience. Enterprises use this strategy to attain more conversions (sales, calls, chats, and leads, etc.) out of their website.
- Content Marketing –the digital marketing that is done by using content like videos, infographics, blog posts, eBooks, etc.
- Native Advertising – when you reach the end of any article and some links are presented for you to explore, that is native advertising. It comes under the umbrella of content marketing since it markets content.
- Email Marketing – one of the oldest ways of digital marketing where marketers use emails to promote their services and products.
- Affiliate Marketing – paying someone else to promote your services and products on their website or social media accounts.